Hi DBL friends! I’m Brooke from Killer b. Designs and a huge fan of Ashley’s. I know the holidays are creeping up on all of us faster than we (or at least I) expected, but hopefully you have a little time left for some DIY presents! I try to do at least a few each year to save some cash and add a personal touch to my gift giving. If you’re looking for some great gifts to make this year, here are some I’ve made and loved!
1) Perpetual Calendar Ever wanted to gift a calendar, but hated that it only lasts for a year? Well try out this version that will last forever!
2) Ruler Growth Chart Marking height is always fun in the doorway, but what if you ever have to move? Try this super simple no-cut project using just a 1×6 and some paint.
3) Screenprinted Pillow Did you know freezer paper makes a perfect and cheap stencil? You iron it straight onto fabric with your personalized design and BAM! Custom “screenprinting”!
4) Flannel Chevron Rag Quilt This project is a bit on the tougher side if you’re a newbie seamstress, but never fear. Rag quilts leave a lot of room for imperfections.
5) Homemade Hamburger Helper Jars The perfect gift for the student or busy parent in your life! Make a healthier and tastier version of those quick box dinners.
6) Upholstered Bucket Ottoman Possibly my favorite project of all time. It’s an ottoman with storage made from a repurposed galvanized tub.
7) Mason Jar Wall Vase Simple, chic, cheap! Best of all worlds.
8) Wide Band Headbands These headbands are a snap to make.
9) Striped Bench Brush off your woodshop lessons and try this $6 bench made from 2×6′s!
10) Easiest T-shirt Quilt The best beginner’s quilt, EVER. It’s a great way to salvage those old t-shirts too!
I’ve said it a million times, and I’ll say it again… I LOVE that girl and she’s totally amazing! What project are you going to try to tackle?!?
Thanks so much for sharing Brooke!