My second holiday project was a simple little craft project involving just a little bit of paint, ribbon, and pinecones. My mantle ends up not getting overly decorated each year. This year, I wanted to add a little dazzle to our mantle with a simple, cost-effective project.
To make my Holiday Pinecone Garland, I grabbed:
- Pretty ribbon
- Scented pinecones
- Paint of choice (I went with sparkly, but that’s up to you!)
A quick, little mini-tutorial goes like this:
- Paint your pinecones the way you like and allow to dry.
- Cut ribbon to length.
- Space pinecones out along your ribbon.
- Attach pinecones with either ribbon or wire to the main ribbon.
- Dress it up the way you like! (I added a little twirl of red and gold ribbon to my silver rope ribbon, and I love the added dimension!)
That’s it! It’s simple, whimsical, and a little bit of fun for our mantle this year!
How do you dress your mantle?
Check out my Soy Holiday Candle Tutorial here.