Life has been crazy lately. Good, but crazy. Eric and I have been slammed with to-do’s and we’ve literally been doing our best to get through everything we can. Sadly, this has meant that the blog has taken a back seat. BUT, this will absolutely not be permanent. I’ve really struggled with what to do about our blog.
Eric’s job as a trial attorney is very time-intensive, and starting my own business and finishing my last year of law school is equally as time-intensive. Eric has been working as much as ever, and traveling for work on occasion. This always meant that I’d pick up the slack of projects during the week and then work more together on the weekends. Now, I easily work six days per week, and am doing my best to wrap up law school in the interim. Also, law school this year has had a really random exam schedule and a lot more busy work to prep for the bar exam. With everything getting so busy, I’ve taken steps to delegate work. I’ve hired two employees, one who works full-time for me, and an assistant, who helps as needed to take care of administrative tasks. I’ve also officially scheduled one day per work for me to work at the office, so that I’m not doing office work outside of work hours. This just started this week, and let me tell you… I feel like I’ve gotten a bit of my sanity back!
That said, the blog has suffered. I haven’t been able to write and share as much as I’d like. But, that’s not to say that DIY projects haven’t happened. In fact, we’ve knocked out a TON of major DIY projects and I’m really looking forward to sharing them with y’all!
THE PROJECTS MUST GO ON!
Among others, my favorite DIY projects we’ve completed lately and are thoroughly enjoying are:
- The Spray-Painted Upholstered Heirloom Chair
- Coat Closet Gut & Remodel (swapped our Pantry and Coat Closet)
- Artwork for our Kitchen
- Framing Artwork for our Home Office
- DIY, Custom Filing Cabinets (set of two)
- DIY, Custom 2-person Desk with Drawer Bases on Each End
- Furniture Swaps Galore!!! (I’ve moved furniture all around our house… bought some pieces, sold some pieces… you know how I do! )
- Planning for a Completely New Guest Bedroom (separate from our new home office)
I think that pretty much captures our big project accomplishments. All of which, I will write about… I promise!
BOUNCING BACK RESOLUTION-STYLE
But, for now, I’ve made some resolutions. I’ve been hard pressed to come to this point, and Eric has been resistant in letting me give up the blog. So, since neither of us feel that giving up the blog is a good idea, we’ve made the following resolutions:
- The next six months (through my completion of the CA bar exam) will only see occasional blog posts on more major, large-scale projects, with a sprinkle of informal, free-form posts about life/travel/food
- I won’t adhere to a blogging schedule of any sorts
- I’ll randomly post projects as they’re completed, and as I feel inspired to write about them
- I’ll do my best to keep up on all of my favorite blogs, but won’t feel guilty when I miss something (MAJOR APOLOGY to Michelle at Décor & The Dog for missing the announcement that she’ll be co-hosting the most recent Pinterest Challenge – I honestly didn’t even know that there was a Pinterest Challenge happening… that’s how withdrawn I’ve been. Super super excited for Michelle though! She’s completely awesome and has a kick-ass personality and sense of humor to boot! Check out her blog if you haven’t already!)
- I’m planning to put together a plan of attack for fully revamping the look and function of the blog, including adding a “Projects” tab so that navigation is a bit easier
- Since I won’t be blogging as much, I do plan to get more active on Social Media, because that is sometimes the most fun of all!
WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?!?
Basically, all that is simply to say that, I love y’all! Blogging is a big part of my life and that’s not going to change. In fact, when life gets crazy-stressful, Eric encourages me to retreat to blogging. It really brings me back to center! I’m sure that some of you can understand.
Also, I just want to say thank you to those sweet friends that have reached out to me and asked if everything was okay, since I’ve been MIA in blog-land. I absolutely promise… every is GOOD. Really good. And I feel blessed beyond words!
SO, SINCE I’M A LAME-O AND HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE LATELY, PLEASE SHARE WHAT’S BEEN UP WITH YOU IN THE COMMENTS!!! ALSO, SINCE I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO READ MUCH IN BLOG-LAND, DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE DIY/DÉCOR PROJECT OR SOMETHING JUST PLAIN AWESOME TO SHARE THAT I CAN CHECK OUT?